Growing up in a family of healthcare providers, I was able to see them develop relationships based on care and compassion, and I realized what a great need I had to make a difference in people’s lives through oral healthcare.
My practice philosophy is to treat all patients as though they are family members. I strive to provide my patients with comprehensive information and to develop a strategy to achieve optimum oral health while considering each patient’s beliefs, desires, and needs. It is a great joy to develop strong relationships, understand my patients’ dental concerns, and to create smiles on a daily basis.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Arts in biology/biomedical studies — St. Olaf College, Northfield
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery with honors in periodontology — University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis
- Aesthetic Dentistry Level I — University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
- DOCS oral conscious sedation dentistry
- DOCS sedation solutions for the challenging patient
- SPEAR Educational Seminars: esthetic design, treating compromised occlusion, comprehensive treatment planning, temporomandibular disease, implant dentistry
In addition to my formal education, I have completed more than 450 hours of continuing education and university training in dental implants and have a special focus in the areas of aesthetic and family dentistry.
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Doctors of Oral Conscious Sedation Member
- Member of CEREC® Docs
- Chippewa Valley Dental Association
- SPEAR Study Club
- Seattle Study Club
- Northwest Wisconsin Study Club
- West Central Wisconsin Study Club
- Chippewa Valley Boy Scouts board member
Outside the Office
In my free time, I most likely can be found enjoying life in the outdoors. You may find my wife Erin and I running with our dogs on the Chippewa River trails, or you may find me enjoying a sunny evening watching the Eau Claire Express and Cavaliers. Other interests include hunting and fishing with my dad and brothers, vacationing at the family cabin in the Hayward area, and playing and watching our three children as they grow and mature.